Saturday, January 18, 2014

Stuff for my Feet







So I've been knitting for almost 3 years now, but never took up sock knitting. I didn't get it; I don't like making things twice (even gloves feel like a chore) and I didn't want to make something that will hide in boots or shoes and get wore out and abused. 

But a wonderful yarn dyer, Pandia's Jewels decided to host a Sock-A-Long for January, so I decided since I own some of her lovely sock yarn, why not? Might as well give it a try.

But first I decided to make some fun slippers using Lion Brand's Amazing yarn to see what I thought of making things for my feet. I chose Bea's Slippers, and I knit these just in time for the cold weather that blew through the midwest (our wind chill temps here got down to -48, brrrr! That's booger-freezing temps. I went out around midnight to look for a cat I heard crying by the house... which I unfortunately couldn't find, and every breath I took I could feel my nose hairs freezing up, horrible feeling, lol).

Bea's Slippers on Ravelry
I enjoyed making them, the construction was interesting (you start from the center of the sole and work your way out and up). They are simple but look very interesting. I love the look of Lion Brand's Amazing yarn, though I don't enjoy working with it.

So after finding out that I didn't mind too much knitting for my feet, I moved on and started my socks.

I picked out an easy, but cute pattern, Hermione's Everyday Socks
The pattern was well written, and I felt a perfect choice for a first time sock knitter. I didn't get bored with making two, they went quicker than I expected, and ooo... hand knit socks, sized just for my feet, feel oh-so-good. They feel much more comfortable than I ever expected them to, and I think I am on my way to becoming addicted to knitting socks.

h e r m i o n e  on ravelry
w i c k e d   s t o r m




And for anyone that follows my blog, 
I did finish my sweater last month, huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment